How To Search For A New Job While Employed Full-Time? — Mentor Monkey
Search for a new job is not an easy task whether you are employed full time or just finished your academics. Nowadays, it’s getting more difficult due to the pandemic because the employment rate has come down, and many people have lost their jobs. So it is a big task to get a new job or switch to an existing one with an expected salary.
There are many ways to start looking for a job when employed full-time.
- Try to analyze the issue in the existing job and try to resolve it with your head or supervisor.
- Make a list of the companies offering a job in your respective field, try to know their hiring criteria, and then start applying to short-listed companies that fulfil your requirements.
- Use discretion method, try to have a conversation with another employee about perks and opportunities of other companies, and try not to disclose that you are about to switch jobs or company.
- Try to use your devices for any information or research because several companies saved their system data and can put you in trouble.
- Try to avoid job-related calls away from the office or cabin as well.
Consider your requirements.
At the interview, there are few things to get in the notice, first of all, take a day off from your current job and make yourself calm and fresh, try to get some in-depth information about the company to work environment and choose a proper dress code according to it.
The next is that you need to add to your routine is the management of time. Schedule your timings smartly as a balance between the current job and new research is much needed.
Then, you need to build up trust with your colleagues to help you in the reference section, or if they hear some good ideas or openings, they directly referred you in the first place. If you research correctly or apply to the right company, you get a call from them.
Another important thing if they choose a restaurant or café, you need to be very concerned about ordering food or beverages.
Representation for a new job.
In a technology world, there are numerous applications or websites where companies post their requirement and job. You can make a professional profile on LinkedIn, Monster, Naukri.com, etc.
Keep yourself updated on your CV and try to add new skills every time, and it will help you get results even faster. Another important thing that makes your mind about switching job because if that’s not clear won’t be able to results of hard work.
Relax and learn.
In the current situation setting up a new job environment can be challenging. Take your time to find a perfect and suitable job, nothing is in a rush, in hurry things can turn into the wrong ways. Make sure you are searching online, read all the terms and conditions, and recheck about the companies as there are many frauds out there who ask you to make some minimal payments. Don’t pay for any job or an internship. Trust yourself and make sure your hard work pays off all. Maintain a positive attitude because all these can affect your mental health.