Resignation is already a hectic task for many of us. Think about it! You put work into building something.,You get attached to people, places, and things there
Due to whatever circumstances, you realize it is time, time to leave. And for that, in this blog, we shall be discussing formal resignation letter samples and how now you have one worry less in the resignation process.
What is the purpose of a resignation letter?
A resignation letter is a formal piece of information intimating your withdrawal from an organization.
Benefits of writing a resignation letter
- A resignation letter helps you build a cordial relationship with the employer and staff of the organization you are about to leave.
- This written notice announces your Intent to quit a position so an official record can be documented. More than that, it is also a demonstration of courtesy.
- A resignation letter not only helps you to make the departure easy but also helps the company so they can make the necessary changes and fulfill requirements that arise.
What to Include in your resignation letter?
- A statement of Intent that you will be leaving the job
- Name of the position you reside
- Date of last day of job (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Expressing gratitude towards the employer
- The highlight of experiences (not necessary)
- Offer to help recruit a replacement
- Regards and Greetings towards the future of the organization.
Formal Resignation letter samples
Sasha Sinatra (Your Name)
141 Block J, Paras Tierra (Your Address)
Noida, 110096 (City, State Zip Code)
092387738988 (Your Phone Number)
email@example.com (Your Email)
Shane Peterson (Name)
Managing director (Title)
182, Green st. (Address)
Noida, 110096 (City, State Zip Code)
Dear Ms. Peterson (Mr./Ms. Last Name)
I would like to notify you that I am resigning from my position as Public Relations Supervisor for Ogilvy, effective July 1, 2022.
Thank you for all the support and guidance I have received under your wing during the last three years. My utmost gratitude and sincerity will always be towards this organization.
I have truly enjoyed my tenure with Ogilvy (Name of the Company), and I am more than grateful for all the opportunities provided which encouraged me to grow professionally and personally.
If I can be of any assistance during the transition period from training to recruiting my successor, please let me know. I would be glad to help you however I can.
(Your Signature, Hard copy letter)
Sasha Sinatra (Your Typed Name)
How to write a formal resignation email?
Email resignation message samples
A resignation letter sent through a mail should have a clear subject line like “Resignation- John Doe” or “John Doe Resignation” would work well and ensure the HR or personnel in charge will recognize the importance of the message.
Subject: Frank Ocean Resignation (First name, last name resignation)
Dear Mr/Ms. Supervisor,
Kindly accept this letter as a formal notice of my resignation from genesis company. My last day of work will be April 7, 2022.
I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities presented to me, and I know for a fact my successor will be very fortunate to work under your wing.
I would be glad to put my foot forward if any help is required during the transition.
Wishing continued success to the company.
Do’s and Don’ts of resignation letter
Expressing sincerity will allow you to keep the trust between you and the organization intact. This also helps for your future references and also for the letter of recommendation.
Just because you are leaving the organization, it does not mean you would write a one-sentence resignation or write in an unprofessional tone, so yes, keeping it formal would go a long way for your professional career.
The first impression is your last impression, but when we talk about resignation, the resignation letter quite literally is. Your superiors and colleagues should not be waiting for you to leave. Their apprehension of you as a good person will help you not tater the image and reputation built.
- Analyze the Situation and the Urgency
There are multiple reasons for which you might be leaving the organization, and each event ultimately needs a different situational resignation letter. The situations or types of resignation letters could be-
- Simple resignation letter
- Formal resignation letter
- Two weeks notice resignation letter
- 24 hours notice resignation letter
- Immediate resignation letter etc.
- Being Arrogant
Professional etiquette will help you in the long run. You don’t want to cross the thin line of workspace environment code and be portrayed as an arrogant person, so leave with a smile. Your reason for leaving might be your boss, or you might not like the organization as much, but nobody wishes well for a prick unless it is your job.
- Quit without a prior notice
Unless it is an absolute necessity, put forward a prior notice as most industries are a microscopic world. Doing this is likely to come back and bite you.
- Prepare a salutation
- Don’t forget to mention the departure date; thank the organization and be polite
Now, It’s your turn to draft and error-free formal resignation letter